SCARS

                          SCARS
           A POEM BY ABDULGAFAR

All over my skin, lies marks that I made.
When I was so low, I cut with a blade
To punish myself for being a mess
People call me crazy, for punishing myself that way.
But what these people don’t know is that,
Seeing these scars left on my skin in the future
Will always make me remember that
I was once in a place of no rest.
Though, I feel guilty inside for leaving this scars
Later, I will see and remember that I was so broken and lonely
Seeing this scars in the future, will push me to help those
Who are also going through what I am going through now
Seeing this scars will make them believe that I survived so much trauma
And they can also do it.
Seeing these scars will make them stand with me in my fight against
Trauma and depression.
These scars will serve as an inspiration to them, that I was once depressed
And so weak.
But now, I am free and strong.
So I ask you to stand with me and fight,
To show all these demons what they’re doing is not
Right.
You will win the battle of good versus bad.
You are still alive and are no longer sad.
So when the people see me making these wounds on my skin
That leaves scars behind,
They should not insult but praise me
Because even as I was weak, I was still strong inside.
Here on my skin lies several Marks of Survival.


DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE GOING THROUGH DEPRESSION



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

Author Of Pain

Author Of Pain Quotes